FASTLab Languages for Music Representation
Siren Music/Sound Framework in Smalltalk The Siren system is an open-source general-purpose software framework for sound and music composition and production; it is a collection of about 375 classes written in the Smalltalk programming language and intended for use with for the VisualWorks Smalltalk system. Siren includes cross-platform support for MIDI and audio I/O. There are several elements to Siren:
- the Smoke music representation language (music magnitudes, events, generators, functions, and sounds);
- voices, schedulers and I/O drivers (real-time and file-based voices, sound and MIDI I/O);
- user interface components for musical applications (UI tools and widgets);
- several built-in applications (editors and browsers for Siren objects);
- interfaces to external C or C++ code for audio/MIDI streaming I/O, and analysis/synthesis packages such as CSL and Loris
Please feel free to contact us with questions on any of these systems.
Contacting FASTLab, Inc.
Email: info - at - fastlabinc.com